Fuel Gas Dehydration and Filtration Systems
Fuel Gas Dryers are essential for the smooth operation of gas-fired production equipment. Natural Gas Dehydration and Filtration systems are an effective tool for fuel gas conditioning at remote locations. In most areas, access to the electrical grid is unavailable making these systems beneficial since no power or utilities are required. In some cases, Fuel Gas Coalescers are used for the conditioning of the fuel gas.
What is Fuel Gas and why does it need to be dried?
- Natural gas from the wellhead or pipeline provides a readily available source of fuel in remote locations
- This Fuel Gas is used to operate a variety of gas powered equipment near the wellhead and other sites in the transmission system such as:
- Gas fired heaters for tanks, buildings, and production equipment
- Pilot lights for flares
- Gas powered turbines and generating sets
- Gas powered engines for compressors, pumps, and pump jacks
- Gas often leaves the gas well and saturated with water vapor
- This water vapor can condense in the piping and cause damage to engines and inefficient burning in heating equipment
- Water can condense in fuel lines and freeze during cold weather, shutting down the equipment
- The damaged equipment and frozen fuel gas lines can lead to gas wells and pipelines being shut down for equipment repairs