Breathing air systems play a crucial role in maintaining the safety and well-being of laboratory personnel working with hazardous materials or exposed to airborne contaminants. In university research labs, where precision and reliability are paramount, having a dependable source of clean breathing air is of utmost importance.
That's why many labs trust the Aircel BHD Series, a renowned line of breathing air dryers specifically designed for university research and laboratory settings. In this article, we will explore the significance of breathing air systems, the various types available, and the exceptional benefits offered by the Aircel BHD Series (50 – 600 scfm) for university labs.
Why is Breathing Air Important in Research Labs?
Safety and accuracy are the two primary reasons why breathing air is vital in research labs.
- Safety: In research labs, the safety of personnel is of utmost concern. It is essential to check that the air being breathed contains no impurities that could cause health issues when working with dangerous chemicals or biological agents.
- Accuracy: Experimental results heavily rely on accuracy. To ensure precise outcomes, researchers must breathe air that does not interfere with the experiments being conducted.
Types of Breathing Air Systems
Two main types of breathing air systems are commonly used: centralized systems and portable systems.
- Centralized Systems: Centralized systems are typically employed in large research labs. These systems consist of a compressor that supplies breathing air to multiple outlets throughout the lab, ensuring a consistent and reliable source of clean air.
- Portable Systems: Smaller research labs or fieldwork scenarios often call for portable breathing air systems. Without sacrificing efficiency or cleanliness, these portable units may be moved to wherever they are most needed.
Introducing the Aircel BHD Series
Among the available breathing air systems, the Aircel BHD Series stands out as an exemplary choice for university labs. Specifically designed to meet the unique requirements of these environments, the Aircel BHD Series offers a range of advantages.
- High-Quality Filtration: The Aircel BHD Series utilizes a two-stage filtration system, ensuring the removal of contaminants from the air. This guarantees that the air being breathed is clean, safe, and free from potentially harmful particles.
- Dry Air: By incorporating a desiccant dryer, the Aircel BHD Series effectively eliminates moisture from the air supply. This not only prevents respiratory issues but also ensures that the air is free from any condensation that might compromise the accuracy of experiments.
- Reliable Performance: The Aircel BHD Series is engineered to deliver years of dependable performance. Its compact design makes installation hassle-free, and its ability to consistently provide clean, dry breathing air enhances the overall laboratory experience.
How Does the Aircel BHD Series Work?
The Aircel BHD Series operates through a multi-stage system that effectively removes contaminants from the air. Let's delve into its stages:
- Particulate and Coalescing Pre-Filter: The first stage involves a pre-filter that eliminates particulate matter, water aerosols, and oil mist content from the air.
- 13X Molecular Sieve: In the second stage, a 13X molecular sieve is employed to remove volatile organic compounds, acid-forming gases, base gases, and moisture.
- Activated Alumina Bed: The third stage utilizes an activated alumina bed to further extract moisture, achieving a dew point of -40°F and below-line pressure.
- Carulite Catalyst: The fourth stage involves a Carulite catalyst that effectively converts carbon monoxide to carbon dioxide and oxidizes residual hydrocarbon vapors.
- Final Activated Alumina Bed: In the fifth and final stage, another activated alumina bed is utilized to eliminate any remaining contaminants, ensuring the highest air quality.
The Aircel BHD Series incorporates alternating operation for the first four stages. While one stage adsorbs contaminants, the other regenerates, extending the system's lifespan to three to five years. Monitoring the control system sequence is a standard fail-to-switch system that utilizes pressure transducers and alarms to notify users if any issues arise.
Additionally, the Aircel BHD Series features an activated carbon after-filter as the sixth stage, guaranteeing a residual oil vapor content below 0.003 ppm. Finally, a sub-micron final filter effectively removes fine aerosols and particulates generated within the system.
The outlet air is consistently monitored by a high-quality carbon monoxide (CO) analyzer that triggers an alarm if preset CO levels are reached, providing an extra layer of safety.
Enhance Your Research Lab with Cutting-Edge Equipment and Solutions
Our high-quality breathing air systems are just one part of our comprehensive offering of lab equipment and solutions. Let's explore more of our offerings that can make a significant difference in your research endeavors.
- Regenerative Dryers: Achieve optimal moisture control with our regenerative dryers. These advanced systems effectively remove moisture from compressed air, ensuring a dry and reliable air supply for your lab equipment and experiments. Say goodbye to moisture-related issues and welcome a more precise and efficient research environment.
- Compressed Dry Air Packages: Our compressed dry air packages are designed to deliver clean, dry air with exceptional quality. These packages combine high-performance air compressors with state-of-the-art drying and filtration systems, providing a comprehensive solution for your lab's compressed air needs. Experience enhanced productivity and equipment longevity with our reliable compressed dry-air packages.
- CO2 Adsorbers: Controlling CO2 levels is crucial in many research applications. Our CO2 adsorbers efficiently remove carbon dioxide from the air, maintaining optimal conditions for your experiments. With our CO2 adsorbers, you can achieve precise control over CO2 levels, ensuring accurate and reproducible results in your lab.
- Hydrocarbon Adsorbers: Hydrocarbon vapors can interfere with sensitive laboratory procedures and compromise research outcomes. Our hydrocarbon adsorbers effectively capture and eliminate hydrocarbon vapors, creating a cleaner and safer environment for your experiments. Trust our hydrocarbon adsorbers to provide the purity and reliability you need for your research endeavors.
- CO Extractors: Carbon monoxide (CO) poses a serious health risk and can hinder accurate measurements in various research applications. Our CO extractors efficiently remove CO from the air, ensuring the safety of your lab personnel and the integrity of your data. Count on our CO extractors to maintain a healthy and controlled research environment.
The Aircel BHD Series is a reliable and effective breathing air system that safeguards the health and well-being of researchers and staff in university laboratories. With its multi-stage design ensuring the removal of contaminants and its fail-to-switch system providing peace of mind, the Aircel BHD Series is a trusted solution backed by our commitment to quality and customer service.
To inquire about breathing air systems, regenerative dryers, compressed dry air packages, CO2 adsorbers, hydrocarbon adsorbers, or CO extractors for your research lab or university, please contact us at 866.660.0208 or email us at email@example.com.