Clean Air on the Go: Exploring the Advantages and …
Posted by AVP on Mar 13th 2023
Compressed air is an undeniably crucial element in many industries; however, it can often contain contaminants that have the potential to cause harm to equipment and products. The good news is that portable compressed air dryers may effectively solve this issue by purifying compressed air by removing any traces of oil, grime, or moisture.
In this article, we will delve into the complex world of portable compressed air dryers, examining their mechanics and the advantages they offer.
How Do Portable Compressed Air Dryers Work?
Portable compressed air dryers typically operate through one of two methods for the removal of moisture from compressed air: refrigeration or desiccant drying.
Refrigeration compressed air dryers employ a refrigeration system to cool compressed air to a temperature that allows water droplets to condense, enabling their removal via a water separator. While this technique is effective in removing moisture, it does not eliminate dirt or oil from the compressed air.
Desiccant compressed air dryers, on the other hand, use a desiccant material, such as silica gel or activated alumina, to adsorb moisture from the compressed air. Our Single Tower Air Dryers use Deliquescent Desiccant to absorb the water from the air/gas.The desiccant material removes moisture from the compressed air as it passes through, leaving behind only dry, filtered air. This process also has the capability of removing dirt and oil from the compressed air.
Advantages of Portable Compressed Air Dryers
The portable compressed air dryers we have available in our store present several advantages over their larger, stationary counterparts. This portion examines the benefits of using a portable compressed air dryer and why it may be the best choice for your situation.
Portable compressed air dryers are convenient for firms that need to use compressed air in several places or move their equipment to different areas often. Clean, dry air is within reach wherever you go thanks to a portable air dryer.
Portable compressed air dryers are more space-efficient since they are less bulky than their stationary counterparts. They are less cumbersome to transport and manage and may be stashed away discreetly when not in use.
It is common for portable compressed air dryers to be more economical than their bigger, permanently installed equivalents due to their lower initial cost and lower energy use. This can lead to significant cost savings over time, particularly for businesses that utilize compressed air regularly.
Portable compressed air dryers are designed with efficiency in mind, using only the energy required to accomplish the task at hand. Unlike larger, stationary models that frequently run continuously, portable air dryers can be turned off when not in use, leading to reduced energy costs and an extended lifespan for the unit.
By removing moisture and other contaminants from compressed air, portable air dryers can enhance the performance of your equipment. It's been shown that exposing components to dry air may reduce the risk of corrosion, protect them from harm, and even boost product quality.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Portable Compressed Air Dryer for Your Needs
To ensure you get the right portable compressed air dryer, there are several factors to consider.
- The unit's airflow capacity is the first factor to think about. This is essential since it establishes the dryer's airflow capacity, which is expressed in cubic feet per minute (CFM). You want to ensure that you choose a portable compressed air dryer with a CFM rating that is appropriate for your equipment and usage needs.
- Another important factor is the dew point. When the dew point is lower, the air is dryer and less likely to cause corrosion or other harm to your machinery. It is therefore crucial to seek a portable compressed air dryer with a low dew point.
- You also need to consider the power source of the portable air dryer. Varieties run on either electricity or gasoline/diesel. Picking a model that works with your electricity and is simple to use is essential.
- It is also crucial to think about the unit's mobility and compactness. You should look for a lightweight and small portable compressed air dryer since you may need to transport it from one worksite to another.
- Finally, consider how noisy it is. Look for models that are designed to operate quietly, particularly if you'll be using the dryer in a public space.
You can get the most out of your money and reap the numerous rewards of dry, clean compressed air by giving some thought to the aforementioned considerations and selecting a portable compressed air dryer that is tailored to your unique requirements. Therefore, don't rush, read up, and make an informed decision.
Need a dependable and inexpensive method to dry compressed air? You’re in the right place!
Our lightweight and compact dryers are built to deliver clean, dry air wherever they're needed, at a low cost per hour of use. With our knowledge and experience, we can provide you with the most suitable tools for the job.